If you happen to be suffering with the pain of kidney stones, you want to find relief as soon as possible before the issue becomes severe. There are many ways to get rid of kidney stones both surgically or naturally. Depending on the severity of the kidney stones and your lifestyle choices, here are a couple of helpful tips on getting rid of kidney stones.
Nutrition and Diet
- Consuming a lot of fiber is highly important in cleaning out the kidney and freeing the body of kidneys stones. A substantial amount of daily vegetable intake is also essential due to water soluble fiber. Green leafy vegetables like kale, spinach and romaine lettuce, in moderation, will give you the fiber you need to allow kidney stones to pass.
- Sugary foods should be completely eliminated until kidney stones are gone. The formation of kidney stone is heavily linked with sugary meals. More vegetables than fruits,should be consumed due to this fact.
- A magnesium supplement or rich food is another effective food, largely because most sufferers lack this mineral. If you opt for supplement, approximately 300-350 mg of magnesium should be taken daily, or the consumption of magnesium rich foods should be considered such as nuts, cereal, rice, oatmeal, yogurt, soybean, and spinach.
- Herbal remedies can definitely aid in fighting off kidney stones. One of the best kidney stone removing herbs is Juniper. It is available at many organic food stores. Kidney pain can also be alleviated by chewing on the berries, specifically blueberry and blackberries.
- Lemon and Olive oil is another great herbal concoction that must be drank each day before going to bed. This will aid in slowly dissolving the kidney stones and allowing them to pass easily through the urinary tract.
- Dried nettle leaf is a perfect herbal tea for flushing out kidney stones.
By constantly keeping your body in motion, the circulatory system can move any threat of kidney stones from your system. The stones in your kidney will loosen and move while exercising. The core exercises you will want to focus on is abdominal and lower back workouts.
Foods To Avoid
Foods that are high in vitamin C should be avoided at all costs. When vitamin C is taken at high levels it produces oxalate, which forms kidney stones. Some foods that are dangerous are caffeine, which disrupts the kidney’s natural function, leading to kidney stone formation.
- Rhubarb contains oxalate which is the object that makes up stones.
- Artificial sweeteners
- Animal meat, which is high in uric acid. Uric acid is a cause of kidney stones.
- Sardines, which contain purine that causes the stones.
- Carbonated beverages.
- Processed foods, such as potato chips, due to their contents of genetically modified substances.
Vitamin A is ideal in helping with this disorder. This vitamin is generally good for the urinary tract. The daily recommended intake for adults is 5,000 international units. Avoid anymore than that, or the body will not dispense, and there will a build up in toxins.Foods that are rich in vitamin A are as follows:
- Sweet potatoes
- Winter squash
Scientific studies have shown that a 25 milligram daily dose of Vitamin B6, can lower the oxalate level in the blood, decreasing the risk of kidney stone development.
For those who opt to have surgery, or need surgery as the last alternative, the procedure is that a small incision will be made in your back. A hollow tube will then be inserted into the kidney, removing the stones. For open surgery, again a tiny cut will be made, but in the stomach this time, in order to access the kidneys and move the stones.
For Pregnant Women
During pregnancy, women can get rid of kidney stones by getting a lot of rest, drinking a lot of water, and analgesia. Surgical procedure will consist of stent placement, percutaneous nephrostomy, which is inserting a catheter right through the skin to the renal pelvis, using an ultrasound.
When urinating, catch the urine using a mesh cloth, that way the stones will be caught. They can be shown to your doctor and they can analyze why you may have developed them in the first place and the best way to heal for your individual body. A two liter bottle can be used to capture the urine, since the body should be releasing about two liters daily. If you are urinating to that equivalent, then that would only verify some sort of normality.
At the end of the day, whether you choose to got the medical or natural route, you want to make sure you are making wise lifestyle choices. As you can see there are just many of the ways to treat, or get rid of kidney stones, making your life much healthier, and productive.